All Discussions Tagged 'is' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hot Question of The Week: iPad vs. Android Tablet: Which is the better buy?

I'm considering purchasing or obtaining a grant for either an iPad or an Android tablet but want to know what has been your personal exper…

Started by Wanda Collins

0 Apr 4, 2015

Hot Question of the Week: What is a great math website for teachers and students?

A co-worker shared KaHoot with me because her students love playing it. I don't know why but for some reason my students really comprehend…

Started by Wanda Collins

0 Mar 22, 2015

Hot Question of the Week: Which is best: Teacher-Centered or Student-Centered Education?

I stumbled upon the following article which I just had to share: Which is Best: Teacher-Centered or Student-Centered Education? Although th…

Started by Wanda Collins

0 Feb 1, 2015

Hot Question of the Week: What do you think is the greatest challenge facing students in your math classroom? What strategies have you implemented to help your students face these challenges?

What do you think is the greatest challenge facing students in your math classroom? The greatest challenge facing students in my classroom…

Started by Wanda Collins

0 Oct 26, 2014

Hot Question of The Week: What is the key to great math discussions in the classroom?

In my opinion, it is important to implement math discussion in the classroom, but some teachers think its a waste of time. I feel it is onl…

Started by Wanda Collins

0 Feb 10, 2013

Hot Question of The Week: What is your favorite math resource #Hashtag on Twitter?

I have more than one favorite #Hashtag: #math: provides a list of some great math resources and information on math problems. #mathchat: Di…

Started by Wanda Collins

2 Jul 10, 2011
Reply by Wanda Collins

Hot Question of The Week: Do you think there is a connection to your horoscope and how students conform to your teaching style?

Hot Question of The Week: Do you think there is a connection to your horoscope and how students conform to your teaching style?

Started by Wanda Collins

0 Jun 5, 2011

The AFCEA Education Foundation is offering 50 Scholarships to Students for the Purpose of teaching STEM

The AFCEA Educational Foundation is offering 50 scholarships of $5,000 each to students actively pursuing an undergraduate degree, graduate…

Started by Wanda Collins

0 Apr 17, 2011

Hot Question of the Week: In your opinion, how effective is cooperative learning?

In your opinion, how effective is cooperative learning?

Started by Wanda Collins

0 Mar 13, 2011

Hot Question of the Week: 02/06/11-02/13/11- What is Lebron James average points per game?

What is Lebron James average points per game?

Started by Wanda Collins

1 Feb 21, 2011
Reply by Amy Greenwood

RSS

Advertising Information

If you represent a company and would like advertising, sponsorship, or promotions information, CLICK HERE to request our media kit.

Make a Difference

Please support our community of students, parents, and teachers or caregivers who all play vital roles in the homework process by contributing whatever you can to keep our site alive :)

Members

Notes

Figure This Challenge #56

• Complete Solution will be given on May 17, 2015

Complete Solution:

…

Continue

Created by Wanda Collins May 10, 2015 at 1:56pm. Last updated by Wanda Collins May 10, 2015.

Math Homework Help Online

Professional math homework help get your math solved today.

Do you need help with math homework? Our reliable company provides only the best math homework help.

Try best college paper writing service to get the best custom essays for affordable prices

Fun Math Facts:

Math Limerick

Question: Why is this a mathematical limerick?

( (12 + 144 + 20 + 3 Sqrt[4]) / 7 ) + 5*11 = 92 + 0 .

Answer:

A dozen, a gross, and a score,
plus three times the square root of four, divided by seven, plus five times eleven, is nine squared and not a bit more.

---Jon Saxton (math textbook author)

Presentation Suggestions:
Challenge students to invent their own math limerick!

The Math Behind the Fact:
It is fun to mix mathematics with poetry.

Resources:

Su, Francis E., et al. "Math Limerick." Math Fun Facts.

funfacts

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Excellent!
   Very Good
   Good
   Fair
   Poor
&

AmericasBest.com