Hi Math Concentration family, 

My name is Wanda Collins. I am a middle school Math teacher at Crystal Lake Middle School. I have taught for 6 years and I am passionate about teaching. I have three beautiful children: Camia, Ciara, and Chris Jr. I love reading, browsing the internet, teaching, and learning new things.

I became a teacher because I wanted to inspire and obtain new knowledge...and I have. You will be surprised how much you can learn from children. I believe that every student has the power to access their full potential with the right tools and a little push. With that being said, I started our community to provide parents, teachers, and students a plethora of resources: math tutorials, classroom management techniques, chat room, blogs, and so much more. 

I would love for you share with the community a little about yourself.

Wishing you all the best,

Wanda :)

Views: 1191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Gianna,

Its nice to meet you. I love to cook as well!

Warm regards,

Wanda

Gianna said:
I'm Gianna.. I'm married with five children.
I love to learn about everything. I also love to cook, bake, travel, play guitar and piano.
Hello Sindy,

I applaud you for wanting to go back to school and wish you the best!

Warm regards,

Wanda

sindy yanez said:
My name is Sindy Yanez. I'm a parent of four kids: alexander,gabriel,stephanie and matthew in the order. I'm also planning on going back to school and finishing college.
My name is Delano. i always loved math in school and finally am going to college. I am currently enrolling in YVCC. I love all kinds of math puzzles like sudoku.
I am Hannah. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mother of seven children ages 9,8,6,5,3,2, and 2 months. We raise beef cattle and have a large organic vegetable and fruit garden. I have a BS in Agriculture and Extension Education and Ornamental Horticulture and Landscape Design. I love teaching and I love learning! I have wanted to be a wife, mother, and teacher since I was four years old! With homeschooling, I am living my dream! I was raised on a beef farm and always wanted to have a farm of my own. I also have a blog where I talk about frugal living, farming, homeschooling, and much more! www.frugallyfarmingfamily.blogspot.com
Hey hey. I was a student struggling in math. I've learned a lot over the years.
My name is Darius Jonaitis . From Lithuania Small country in Europe :D i'm now a student . My favorite sport is handball :D

justin orkin said:
Hey hey. I was a student struggling in math. I've learned a lot over the years.

Hello Justin,

Thank you for becoming a member of Math Concentration. You have come to the right place to get help. Shoot me an email anytime you need help.

Warm regards,

Wanda

Delano Jennings said:
My name is Delano. i always loved math in school and finally am going to college. I am currently enrolling in YVCC. I love all kinds of math puzzles like sudoku.

Hello Delano,

I have heard alot about Sudoku... please tell me more. Thank you for becoming a member of Math Concentration. I wish you the best at YVCC. What is your major?

Hannah said:
I am Hannah. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mother of seven children ages 9,8,6,5,3,2, and 2 months. We raise beef cattle and have a large organic vegetable and fruit garden. I have a BS in Agriculture and Extension Education and Ornamental Horticulture and Landscape Design. I love teaching and I love learning! I have wanted to be a wife, mother, and teacher since I was four years old! With homeschooling, I am living my dream! I was raised on a beef farm and always wanted to have a farm of my own. I also have a blog where I talk about frugal living, farming, homeschooling, and much more! www.frugallyfarmingfamily.blogspot.com

Hello Hannah,

You have a lot of your plate and you have time to blog? Wow...you are a super mom!

Warm regards,

Wanda
Hi, I'm Jessie, loves and travels a lot with hubby and kids. Reading, gardening and shopping make my life happy!
My name is Amanda Moore and I am an economics undergraduate student.
Hi! I'm Joanne and I'm really glad to be in this forum :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising Information

If you represent a company and would like advertising, sponsorship, or promotions information, CLICK HERE to request our media kit.

Make a Difference

Please support our community of students, parents, and teachers or caregivers who all play vital roles in the homework process by contributing whatever you can to keep our site alive :)

Members

Notes

Figure This Challenge #56

• Complete Solution will be given on May 17, 2015

Complete Solution:

…

Continue

Created by Wanda Collins May 10, 2015 at 1:56pm. Last updated by Wanda Collins May 10, 2015.

Math Homework Help Online

Professional math homework help get your math solved today.

Do you need help with math homework? Our reliable company provides only the best math homework help.

Try best college paper writing service to get the best custom essays for affordable prices

Fun Math Facts:

Math Limerick

Question: Why is this a mathematical limerick?

( (12 + 144 + 20 + 3 Sqrt[4]) / 7 ) + 5*11 = 92 + 0 .

Answer:

A dozen, a gross, and a score,
plus three times the square root of four, divided by seven, plus five times eleven, is nine squared and not a bit more.

---Jon Saxton (math textbook author)

Presentation Suggestions:
Challenge students to invent their own math limerick!

The Math Behind the Fact:
It is fun to mix mathematics with poetry.

Resources:

Su, Francis E., et al. "Math Limerick." Math Fun Facts.

funfacts

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Excellent!
   Very Good
   Good
   Fair
   Poor
&

AmericasBest.com