Hi Math Concentration family, 

My name is Wanda Collins. I am a middle school Math teacher at Crystal Lake Middle School. I have taught for 6 years and I am passionate about teaching. I have three beautiful children: Camia, Ciara, and Chris Jr. I love reading, browsing the internet, teaching, and learning new things.

I became a teacher because I wanted to inspire and obtain new knowledge...and I have. You will be surprised how much you can learn from children. I believe that every student has the power to access their full potential with the right tools and a little push. With that being said, I started our community to provide parents, teachers, and students a plethora of resources: math tutorials, classroom management techniques, chat room, blogs, and so much more. 

I would love for you share with the community a little about yourself.

Wishing you all the best,

Wanda :)

Views: 818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I am Sherri and an accountant and mother of 2 teens in high school.  One is in accelerated math but my son seems to have trouble with certain areas and he is now 16 and doesn't want mom's help so I am looking for tips on helping him without really letting him know I am helping him.

Im Damian, going to valencia college. florida. 

Hi Sherri,

You have joined the right community...if you have any questions feel free to email me: wanda@mathconcentration.com I will be happy to provide you with tips on the DL...lol :)

Wanda

Sherri J said:

Hi, I am Sherri and an accountant and mother of 2 teens in high school.  One is in accelerated math but my son seems to have trouble with certain areas and he is now 16 and doesn't want mom's help so I am looking for tips on helping him without really letting him know I am helping him.

Hi, I'm a piano teacher- been doing it for 15 years.  I've been a music teacher in one level or another for about 40 years! Thanks for the contest.

Linda Lansfordand retires. I volunteer and love math.

I'm a piano teacher now, for about 15 years.  I have been a music educator for most of my adult life, having taught vocal music from K-12 in various schools. When in high school I considered either math or music as my path for being a teacher!  I excelled in both but music is and has always been my first love.  I hope this is where I enter my "bio" info for the contest.  thanks!  

My bio is that I'm a mom of 4 sons age 21 to 33. I have 2 granddaughters who are 12 and 7 and a 2 year old grandson, I have been married 36 years to a wonderful man who gets better by the year. I was a nurse by profession until 18 years ago and it seems that my life theme is a healer although it is not what I want to be. I took care of my dad who died of cancer @ age 64 and my perfect angel sister who died of breast cancer @ age 46. I've battled cancer 3 times myself and have been cancer free (knock on wood) for 6 years. 3 of my 4 sons have been seriously ill with lung illnesses. I have a poor relationship with my mother and my in-laws due to lack of support during all the stress of these illnesses. I like to read, be on the computer, watch TV go to the movies& eat out. I also meditate and work out but that is for health reasons. I love to decorate.

I'm Susan and I'm a SAHM of two teenagers.  I have a son in college who is very good at math and I have a daughter in High school who struggles a bit in math.  I can relate to her as I was like that in High School.

Hi, I'm Sarah from Colorado, age 64. Loved math all my life. It just makes sense to me.

Hi, I am Shohaz Baloch and I am a Baloch and living in Balochistan.I have just done M.Sc in Microbiology and I love virology most.I am also a poet and writer of Balochi,Urdu and English.I play cricket most and i am a fast baler.I also love to play online games and like to meet new friends on net .It is good to be part of  math concentration.And I love Math but need to be some hard work.I am also a teacher in privet school.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising Information

If you represent a company and would like advertising, sponsorship, or promotions information, CLICK HERE to request our media kit.

Make a Difference

Please support our community of students, parents, and teachers or caregivers who all play vital roles in the homework process by contributing whatever you can to keep our site alive :)

Members

Notes

Figure This Challenge #36

• Complete Solution will be given on November 30, 2014

Complete Solution:

…

Continue

Created by Wanda Collins Nov 23, 2014 at 2:30pm. Last updated by Wanda Collins on Sunday.

Math Homework Help Online

Fun Math Facts:

Math Limerick

Question: Why is this a mathematical limerick?

( (12 + 144 + 20 + 3 Sqrt[4]) / 7 ) + 5*11 = 92 + 0 .

Answer:

A dozen, a gross, and a score,
plus three times the square root of four, divided by seven, plus five times eleven, is nine squared and not a bit more.

---Jon Saxton (math textbook author)

Presentation Suggestions:
Challenge students to invent their own math limerick!

The Math Behind the Fact:
It is fun to mix mathematics with poetry.

Resources:

Su, Francis E., et al. "Math Limerick." Math Fun Facts.

funfacts

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Excellent!
   Very Good
   Good
   Fair
   Poor
&

AmericasBest.com