Hi Math Concentration family, 

My name is Wanda Collins. I am a middle school Math teacher at Crystal Lake Middle School. I have taught for 6 years and I am passionate about teaching. I have three beautiful children: Camia, Ciara, and Chris Jr. I love reading, browsing the internet, teaching, and learning new things.

I became a teacher because I wanted to inspire and obtain new knowledge...and I have. You will be surprised how much you can learn from children. I believe that every student has the power to access their full potential with the right tools and a little push. With that being said, I started our community to provide parents, teachers, and students a plethora of resources: math tutorials, classroom management techniques, chat room, blogs, and so much more. 

I would love for you share with the community a little about yourself.

Wishing you all the best,

Wanda :)

Views: 791

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Linda,

Thank you for joining! You are in the midst of a wonderful community. Help pages:Homework Help Forum and Videos

Warm regards,

Wanda

Linda L Kwolek said:

Hello, I'm Linda from Muskegon, Mi. I'm as far west without falling into the lake. It's a quick 10 walk to the beach. I'm 52 with 2 sons and a DIL. Married 29 years. I work Customer Service for Walmart. Is their a help page for college students and algebra? My son couls use help there.

Hi, I am Sherri and an accountant and mother of 2 teens in high school.  One is in accelerated math but my son seems to have trouble with certain areas and he is now 16 and doesn't want mom's help so I am looking for tips on helping him without really letting him know I am helping him.

Im Damian, going to valencia college. florida. 

Hi Sherri,

You have joined the right community...if you have any questions feel free to email me: wanda@mathconcentration.com I will be happy to provide you with tips on the DL...lol :)

Wanda

Sherri J said:

Hi, I am Sherri and an accountant and mother of 2 teens in high school.  One is in accelerated math but my son seems to have trouble with certain areas and he is now 16 and doesn't want mom's help so I am looking for tips on helping him without really letting him know I am helping him.

Hi, I'm a piano teacher- been doing it for 15 years.  I've been a music teacher in one level or another for about 40 years! Thanks for the contest.

Linda Lansfordand retires. I volunteer and love math.

I'm a piano teacher now, for about 15 years.  I have been a music educator for most of my adult life, having taught vocal music from K-12 in various schools. When in high school I considered either math or music as my path for being a teacher!  I excelled in both but music is and has always been my first love.  I hope this is where I enter my "bio" info for the contest.  thanks!  

My bio is that I'm a mom of 4 sons age 21 to 33. I have 2 granddaughters who are 12 and 7 and a 2 year old grandson, I have been married 36 years to a wonderful man who gets better by the year. I was a nurse by profession until 18 years ago and it seems that my life theme is a healer although it is not what I want to be. I took care of my dad who died of cancer @ age 64 and my perfect angel sister who died of breast cancer @ age 46. I've battled cancer 3 times myself and have been cancer free (knock on wood) for 6 years. 3 of my 4 sons have been seriously ill with lung illnesses. I have a poor relationship with my mother and my in-laws due to lack of support during all the stress of these illnesses. I like to read, be on the computer, watch TV go to the movies& eat out. I also meditate and work out but that is for health reasons. I love to decorate.

I'm Susan and I'm a SAHM of two teenagers.  I have a son in college who is very good at math and I have a daughter in High school who struggles a bit in math.  I can relate to her as I was like that in High School.

Hi, I'm Sarah from Colorado, age 64. Loved math all my life. It just makes sense to me.

Hi, I am Shohaz Baloch and I am a Baloch and living in Balochistan.I have just done M.Sc in Microbiology and I love virology most.I am also a poet and writer of Balochi,Urdu and English.I play cricket most and i am a fast baler.I also love to play online games and like to meet new friends on net .It is good to be part of  math concentration.And I love Math but need to be some hard work.I am also a teacher in privet school.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising Information

If you represent a company and would like advertising, sponsorship, or promotions information, CLICK HERE to request our media kit.

Your donations and sponsorships is what keeps this website alive. Please donate a $1.

Members

Notes

Figure This Challenge #24

• Complete Solution will be given on May 13, 2013

Complete Solution:

…

Continue

Created by Wanda Collins May 10, 2014 at 8:11pm. Last updated by Wanda Collins May 10.

Math Homework Help Online

Fun Math Facts:

Math Limerick

Question: Why is this a mathematical limerick?

( (12 + 144 + 20 + 3 Sqrt[4]) / 7 ) + 5*11 = 92 + 0 .

Answer:

A dozen, a gross, and a score,
plus three times the square root of four, divided by seven, plus five times eleven, is nine squared and not a bit more.

---Jon Saxton (math textbook author)

Presentation Suggestions:
Challenge students to invent their own math limerick!

The Math Behind the Fact:
It is fun to mix mathematics with poetry.

Resources:

Su, Francis E., et al. "Math Limerick." Math Fun Facts.

funfacts

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Excellent!
   Very Good
   Good
   Fair
   Poor
&