Hi Math Concentration family, 

My name is Wanda Collins. I am a middle school Math teacher at Crystal Lake Middle School. I have taught for 6 years and I am passionate about teaching. I have three beautiful children: Camia, Ciara, and Chris Jr. I love reading, browsing the internet, teaching, and learning new things.

I became a teacher because I wanted to inspire and obtain new knowledge...and I have. You will be surprised how much you can learn from children. I believe that every student has the power to access their full potential with the right tools and a little push. With that being said, I started our community to provide parents, teachers, and students a plethora of resources: math tutorials, classroom management techniques, chat room, blogs, and so much more. 

I would love for you share with the community a little about yourself.

Wishing you all the best,

Wanda :)

Views: 826

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello my name is Rosanne. I have four sons who are all well educated (as I always stressed education) and now have three grandchildren two granddaughters and one grandson. My daughter in law is a teacher. My husband used to teach. I always believed in working with my children's teachers to get the best education for my children

Hi! I'm Jeff. Math has always been a tough subject to me. This site looks great to assist in becoming a better

education of math.

Nice to meet everyone!

I have been married for 28 years and have three children. I love math and numbers so was glad to happen on your site.

vmkids3 at msn dot com

Hi, I'm Jen Allen and I am a home schooling mom of one son, age 8.  Math has never been my strong point, so I'm very glad to have been told about this website by Arizona Mom's Network.  I'm quite certain that in the years to come the math I teach will be a little over my head and I'll need some help.  Thank you so much for being here. :)

Hi, my name is Sandy and I just joined today. I'm a 19 year old college student and I have a tough time with math sometimes. So whenever I can't solve a math problem, I may go to this site to look for help. 

Hi,

I am a math teacher and spend a lot of my time marking and planning classes. I spend up to 60 hours per week doing this. I'd be interested to hear what tricks people here use to speed up their work or to save time. Thanks!

Hi Den,

I am a Math teacher too. I have been teaching less than 3 years and we have similar problem on how to save time marking and planning of classes, and I am also looking forward to hear what others could contribute or perhaps help to lessen this problem. Keep in touch! ,

My name is Connie Bergeron, and my purpose for being here is twofold:  I'm teaching my adult daughter, who has a special ed diploma, so she can earn her GED.  Also, I'm here for myself, as I plan on taking a graduate school entrance exam, and I have some brushing up to do. 

My name is Nashira Pizarro.I am 17 and aspire to study pharmacy.

Hi, I'm Trisha and I have a 12 year old daughter. While most of the time she loves math, there are times she gets frustrated. It sometimes is difficult for me because it has been years since I've learned this stuff and I'm an English major. So glad to know there is a place we can go to for help! 

Hello, I'm Linda from Muskegon, Mi. I'm as far west without falling into the lake. It's a quick 10 walk to the beach. I'm 52 with 2 sons and a DIL. Married 29 years. I work Customer Service for Walmart. Is their a help page for college students and algebra? My son couls use help there.

Linda,

Thank you for joining! You are in the midst of a wonderful community. Help pages:Homework Help Forum and Videos

Warm regards,

Wanda

Linda L Kwolek said:

Hello, I'm Linda from Muskegon, Mi. I'm as far west without falling into the lake. It's a quick 10 walk to the beach. I'm 52 with 2 sons and a DIL. Married 29 years. I work Customer Service for Walmart. Is their a help page for college students and algebra? My son couls use help there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising Information

If you represent a company and would like advertising, sponsorship, or promotions information, CLICK HERE to request our media kit.

Make a Difference

Please support our community of students, parents, and teachers or caregivers who all play vital roles in the homework process by contributing whatever you can to keep our site alive :)

Members

Notes

Figure This Challenge #39

• Complete Solution will be given on December 21, 2014

Complete Solution:

…

Continue

Created by Wanda Collins Dec 14, 2014 at 5:31pm. Last updated by Wanda Collins on Sunday.

Math Homework Help Online

Fun Math Facts:

Math Limerick

Question: Why is this a mathematical limerick?

( (12 + 144 + 20 + 3 Sqrt[4]) / 7 ) + 5*11 = 92 + 0 .

Answer:

A dozen, a gross, and a score,
plus three times the square root of four, divided by seven, plus five times eleven, is nine squared and not a bit more.

---Jon Saxton (math textbook author)

Presentation Suggestions:
Challenge students to invent their own math limerick!

The Math Behind the Fact:
It is fun to mix mathematics with poetry.

Resources:

Su, Francis E., et al. "Math Limerick." Math Fun Facts.

funfacts

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Excellent!
   Very Good
   Good
   Fair
   Poor
&

AmericasBest.com